Bunny & Clyde offers a 5-year limited guarantee on its nursery furniture products, available to domestic users only. This guarantee covers the material element of our furniture items from material, design, or manufacturing defect. In the unlikely event of a product defect or failure, Please notify us in writing as soon as possible (see contact us page). We reserve the right to make an inspection of the product(s) or part(s) to determine if there is indeed any fault.
Subject to the terms of the guarantee Bunny & Clyde will provide, free of charge within the first two years from the date of purchase the repair of product(s) or part(s), or, replacement product(s) or part(s) at no additional cost to the purchaser. After two years from the date of purchase, the guarantee covers replacement parts only and the original retail purchaser will be responsible for any labour, packing, shipping and or transportation costs that may be incurred. The terms of this guarantee are detailed below;
- Bunny & Clyde will endeavour to repair any faulty product(s) or part(s) before any exchanges are made
- In the event of a product discontinuation the company reserves the right to offer a suitable alternative product(s) or part(s)
- The guarantee is limited to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred.
- Purchaser must provide original receipt.
- All products must be fitted and assembled in accordance with the assembly instructions provided using the parts provided
- The furniture should be subject to normal domestic use only. Items should not be exposed to extremes of heat and moisture, or located in poorly ventilated areas (mechanical extraction should be fitted)
- Adequate care and maintenance should be carried out in accordance with the care and maintenance instructions.
- Any claim relating to this guarantee should be received at the office address (See contact us page), clearly stating details of the product(s) and the defect (s).
- The provisions of this guarantee do not affect the customer’s rights.
- All products not manufactured by the company or not part of the material element of the furniture i.e. hardware components (hinges, locks etc.) and finishes – these items only carry a 12-month guarantee from date of purchase.
- Where components are rendered defective as a result of improper or negligent use.
- Any deterioration as a result of what would be deemed to be normal wear and tear.
- Product colour variation
- Naturally occurring characteristics of wood that are not considered defective (see CRAFTSMANSHIP)
- Instances where the products have been stored or assembled incorrectly
- Products that were at any time used as a floor sample or display model
- The company is not given a reasonable opportunity to examine the defective item.