At Bunny & Clyde, we believe that innovative design and sustainability go hand in hand. By designing products that not only grow with your child, we aim for superior quality so that our products can be passed on for generations to come. By using safe natural materials and finishes we ensure not only a healthy planet but also promote healthy homes.
- Our materials are people and planet-friendly
- We are a cradle to cradle brand – this means we only use materials that have come from nature; thus, our products are recyclable, renewable, or biodegradable
- The timbers we use are FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) or PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) certified. This ensures that our wood has come from forests that are sustainable and responsibly harvested
- All glues used are water and plant-based, non-toxic, solvent free
- We use only solid hardwoods in the construction of our products and in some instances we use formaldehyde-free FSC certified birch plywood with veneer
- We NEVER use any MDF or Chipboard in the construction of any of our furniture
- Our finishes are baby and people-friendly, non-toxic, food-safe
- We use 100% non-toxic plant and water based lacquers and oils to finish our wood
- We use paints that are non-toxic, solvent-free, lead-free, HAPS-free (hazardous air pollutants)
Please note that you may see the natural grain of the timber through the paint.
We are committed to helping to sustain and revitalise small businesses, communities, and crafters most local to us, by following a philosophy of local manufacturing; all of our products are made in Ireland. Every item is expertly and lovingly crafted by men and women with decades of experience using a combination of traditional and contemporary techniques.
Every day and every year, we produce so much waste that the planet cannot sustain. Because we want to ensure a future for our children, Bunny & Clyde makes every effort to eliminate wasteful practices in terms of resources, labour, and materials, by only producing according to demand. This does mean that you need to wait a little longer for your products but with the knowledge that a piece has been made especially for you…
Made to Order
- Hand Made in Ireland
- We Make to order
As parents ourselves, we want to ensure that everyone can sleep soundly knowing that the babes are safe. Therefore, all of our products including the materials, fittings, and fixings, comply with EU and British Safety Standards.
- Our furniture pieces including materials and finishes meet or exceed European and British Safety Standard EN71 part 3 safety tests
- Our upholstered furniture complies with all EU and British Fire safety regulations
Our products are modern heirlooms to pass on to future generations. They are made with love and care and we only use the highest quality materials and finishes for our furniture. Our construction methods are a combination of the most advanced modern techniques and traditional craftsmanship, resulting in a superior and premium product made to last.
As well as the exceptional quality and workmanship that goes into each and every piece of furniture that we make, they are also versatile and multifunctional. Our products not only grow with the child adapting to their changing needs, but they can also function beyond the limits of the nursery and find center stage elsewhere in the home. Therefore our pieces are for adults too!